The Association is one of the six Divisional Football Associations of the Hampshire Football Association – the other Divisional Associations are Bournemouth, Isle of Wight, North Hants, Portsmouth and Southampton. The Association is proud of its 126 years history – it was founded on 09 August 1894 – and shares its roots with the Army Football Association.
The main aims and objectives of the Association are to help with the development of local football; liaising with local authorities and organisations to represent collective local issues; representing local football and raising the local isuues and concerns at the Hampshire FA Council and its Standing Committees; and to assist the Hampshire FA with its missions which includes the delivery of countywide strategies and policies to help with the grassroot football.
The Council is made up of elected Representatives, in accordance with the Association Rules, from the affiliated leagues, clubs, referees, local authorities and other relevant organisations and the full list of current Council Members of the Association can be found on The Council page, under the “About Us” menu item.
The Association also provides the Invitation Challenge Cup Competitions and its Finals are played at The Recreation Ground, home Aldershot Town FC — with kind assistance and enthusiastic support of the Club for the local football community.
The Association’s current Logo is based on the Coat of Arms of the former Aldershot Borough Council which, in turn, is explained and recorded as follow:
The arms, crest, supporters and motto are based on the arms of the Tichborne family who owned the Manor of Aldershot from 1599 into the 18th century. The mitre has been added to represent the Bishops of Winchester, who originally owned the ancient Hundred of Crondall which included Aldershot. The crossed swords refer to the well-known Military associations of the Borough. The family Motto of the Tichbornes could not have been more appropriate for an Army Town.
ARMS: Quarterly Gules and Vair in the first quarter a Mitre Or and in the fourth two Swords in saltire proper pomelled and hilted of the third.
CREST: Issuant out of a Mural Crown a Hind’s Head proper charged on the neck with a Spur Rowel Sable.
SUPPORTERS: On either side a Lion guardant Gules gorged with a Collar Or pendent therefrom an Escutcheon Vair.
Motto ‘PUGNA PRO PATRIA‘ in Latin means “Fight for your Country“.
The Coat of Arms was granted to Aldershot Borough Council on 27th May 1923.